The luncheon is sold out!
Join the wait list and we'll contact you when we have a cancellation.
Over the past 15 years,
Alliance Medical Ministry has served thousands of Wake County residents and provided millions of dollars in medical care to our neighbors in need.
In 2003, we opened our doors to working, uninsured adults, providing them with affordable, quality healthcare. With a two-person medical staff, 10 patients were seen on the first day.
Today, Alliance treats over 2,500 Wake County uninsured residents with comprehensive medical care. Our clinic now includes a staff of physicians, nurses, mental health providers, phlebotomist, medical assistants, a patient services team, garden and wellness coordinator, and an administrative/development department.
69% of Alliance patients are women.
Disparities in healthcare face all women, but are particularly challenging for low-income minority women. The comprehensive, compassionate medical care given at Alliance Medical Ministry enables women to better care for their families.
At the 2018 Women's Luncheon, 300 people will come together to support women's health. We will:
- Highlight clinic milestones and achievements over the last 15 years;
- Learn about current healthcare issues, particularly those faced by women;
- Hear stories from female patients about the importance of having access to healthcare when uninsured;
- Talk about the future; and
Raise over $100,000 to support Alliance Medical Ministry.
2018 Women's Luncheon Panelists:
Thank you to our Women's Luncheon & 15th Anniversary Sponsors:
Thank you to our Host Committee:
We build off the success of the 2016 In Her Shoes Women's Luncheon:
- Dr. Nadine Barrett, Director of the Office of Health Equity and Disparities at Duke Cancer Institute, educated us on the barriers women -- particularly low income women -- face in achieving optimal health outcomes.
- Alliance patient Gail Johnson shared challenges she faced in controlling her diabetes when she lost her health insurance, and about the comprehensive medical and emotional care she has received at Alliance Medical Ministry.
- Attendees raised over $140,000 to support women's health at Alliance Medical Ministry;
- 9 individuals joined iGive, our monthly giving program and 29 individuals joined the Alliance Circle, making a two-year commitment to support women's health.