Our wonderful volunteers who share their time, talent and treasure with Alliance now have a special name, The Busy Bees! Alliance “Busy Bees” help us pollinate, grow and provide compassionate medical care for our neighbors. Below is a list of the awesome individuals who volunteered in 2013. Please join Alliance in thanking them for their service!
If you would like to become a Busy Bee, let us know! Applications are online and are the best way to start the process. As you buzzzzzz about this opportunity, you can get the nectar flowing by considering the following sample.
- Community Garden: Help plant, weed and nurture our garden. We can work with your group to pick a special day, or come out on one of our regular work days: April 26, May 17, June 28, July 26, August 23, September 27, October 25, and November 22.
- Service Days: Come on-site and help with yard and building maintenance. Projects will be based on your group’s skills and interest.
- Collection Drives: Contact the office for a complete list is needs. Sample drives include office supplies (copy paper, stamps, pens, etc.), diabetic kits, OTC (over-the-counter) medications, and healthy snacks.
- Clinical /Specialty Physician: Provide medical care to Alliance patients.
- Clinic Support: Provide nursing support by assembling charts, requesting medical records, completing medications paperwork, etc.
- Medical Interpreter: Assist Spanish-speaking patients, translate for doctors (if certified), and make follow-up reminder calls.
- Patient Services & Administrative Support: Assist Patient Services team with greeting patients, phone calls, mailings and general office support.
- Alliance “Ambassador”: especially at your church, to share the Alliance story, or as an Alliance representative at a mission or health fair.
- Development/Annual Fund Committee: Help with creation, planning and execution of annual giving campaigns.
If you have special talents, skills, or interests not mentioned above, but want to volunteer at Alliance, please let us know! Contact Elizabeth Daniel at 919-250-3320 X 422 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
THANK YOU TO OUR 2013 VOLUNTEERS*
Anna Neal Blanchard
Hope Holding Bryant
Mary Ruth Pupa
Mary Nash Rusher
J. R. Shearin
Bob Van Wormer
Mary Clark Williams
*Names are based on logged hours.