Healthy, Affordable, Delicious
Alliance Medical Ministry partners with Inter-Faith Food Shuttle to offer Share Our Strength's Cooking Matters classes. The program curriculum teaches individuals how to shop smarter, use nutrition information to make healthier choices, and cook delicious and affordable meals.
Cooking Matters @ Alliance:
- Culinary and nutrition educators volunteer their time and expertise to lead hands-on 6-week courses tailored to adults, families, kids and teens
- Courses are offered in English and Spanish
- Topics include USDA MyPlate guidelines, healthy eating habits, food budgeting, and family-friendly menu planning
- Each adult recipient receives a take home bag of groceries
Cooking Matters at the Store:
Cooking Matters at the Store is a guided grocery store tour that helps low-income families make healthy and affordable choices at the supermarket. During the tour, participants practice key food shopping skills such as:
- Buying fruits and vegetables on a budget
- Comparing unit prices
- Reading food labels
- Identifying whole grain foods
Participants complete a $10 challenge, allowing them to practice skills learned during the tour and take home a meals' worth of healthy groceries!
Check the Patient Calendar for upcoming events.
Contact Jesse Crouch, Garden & Wellness Coordinator, to learn more: firstname.lastname@example.org.