Simple Vegetable Pasta
Serves: 4-6 Prep Time: 10 min. Cook Time: 1 hr and 10 min.
- 1-2 Onions
- 1-2 peppers (color of your choice)
- 8 oz. package of mushrooms
- 1 medium sized squash or zucchini
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 can of tomato paste (4 oz.)
- 1 can of diced tomatoes (15oz. no salt added!)
- 1/4 pound of WHOLE WHEAT pasta of choice
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tbs. oregano
- 1 tbs. basil
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- Mince garlic and half of one onion; saute in water for 2-3 minute.
- Add in tomato paste and diced tomatoes and 4oz. of water (add more or less water to adjust thickness).
- Add basil and oregano and simmer on low for 20-30 minutes.
- Pour over veggies and let simmer another 5 minutes.
- Boil 3 cups of water in a medium sauce pan.
- Add pasta and turn heat to medium low.
- Stir occasionally until cooked to your liking (10-15 minutes).
- Drain with a strainer and hold in sauce pan.
- Dice peppers, radishes, and remaining onions; saute for 5-10 minutes
- Add in chopped squash and cook another 5 minutes.
- Add in chopped mushrooms and black pepper and chili powder; cook 5 more minutes.
Then add vegetables and sauce to the pasta and mix well.