ZUCCHINI BURRITO BOATS
Serves: 8 Prep Time: 25 min. Cook Time: 30 min.
- 4 large zucchini
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 1 bell pepper, cored and diced
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1/2 cup corn kernels
- 1 jalapeno (or poblano pepper), cored and diced
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 packet of McCormick Taco seasoning
- 1 cup shredded cheddar/monterey jack cheese
- Start by greasing a 9 x 13” casserole dish then set aside. Slice each zucchini in half lengthwise. Using a metal teaspoon, hollow out the center of each zucchini. Lightly brush the tops with one teaspoon of olive oil then place them skin side down in the casserole dish.
- Next, warm the tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and the peppers and cook for 2-3 minutes. Then add the rice, corn, and beans along with the salt and taco seasoning. Stir everything together and continue to cook for about 5 minutes then remove the skillet from the heat and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F and spoon the filling inside of each zucchini until they are all full. Sprinkle each one with cheese, arrange them in the dish and cover with foil. Bake in the oven for 25 minutes.
- Allow them to cool for 5-10 minutes then serve and enjoy! Store leftovers in an airtight container for up to 3 days.