Low-cost gardening can help reduce your monthly food budget.
Alliance partners with Inter-Faith Food Shuttle's on Seed to Supper, a five-week gardening course for beginners.
How it works:
- 5-week course taught by three different Master Gardener volunteers
- First hour of each class learning basics and essentials; second hour hands-on work in Alliance Community Garden
- Learn the basics of
- Pest management
- Weed control
- How to harvest
- Preserving techniques
- Creating a garden map
- Each participant that attends four of the five classes is eligible to apply to receive the installment of a backyard garden worth 150 dollars!
What are the benefits:
- Fruits and vegetables from your own garden are higher in nutrients than those that have traveled to get to the grocery store
- Reduce the amount of pesticides on the fruits and vegetables you eat
- Save money
- Increases physical activity
- Deeper connection with your food and sense of appreciation for what you grow
Check the Patient Calendar for upcoming events.
Contact Jesse Crouch, Garden & Wellness Coordinator, to learn more: email@example.com.