Those who Zumba together, party together!
We love seeing the connections and relationships that form between patients participating in our Wellness Program, including weekly Zumba classes taught by amazing volunteer Paula Grabill.
The Zumba class gathered for a Valentine's Day potluck meal. We're inspired to see the cross-cultural connections these men and women have made, forming a supportive community focused on health!
Cooking Matters @ Alliance
The winter session of Cooking Matters @ Alliance concluded with a meal challenge a la Chopped!
The class divided into two teams, each given their choice of vegetables and a few staples and challenged to see which group could make the best dish. They jumped in without much discussion and prepared delicious meals!
Congratulations to team Juan, Hector, Maria, and Genoveva, preparing a delicious curry vegetable dish!
Vegetables with Curry Spiced Chickpeas
Serves: ~4 Prep Time: 10 min. Cook Time: 25 min.
- 2 cans (15 oz.) no salt added garbanzo beans
- 1 medium tomato
- 2 sweet peppers (1 green, 1 red)
- 1 container (8 oz.) of mushrooms
- 1 medium onions
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp thyme
- Dice all veggies and keep separate
- Add olive oil, peppers and onions to a large pan and heat over medium heat 5-10 minutes, until tender. Add salt and pepper.
- Add garbanzo beans and diced tomato to a small sauce pan over medium heat; cook 1-2 minutes until tomatoes soften. Add remaining spiced and minced garlic. Cook another 5 minutes
- Add diced mushrooms to the peppers and onions and cook another 5 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!