Oven Fried Chicken
Serves: 6-8 Prep Time: 15 min. Cook Time: 45 min.
- ½ sleeve (about 20) whole-grain salted crackers, pulsed in a food processor until fine (about ½ cup)
- 2 ½ cups corn cereal flakes, pulsed in a food processor to fine crumbs (about ½ cup)
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- ¾ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup low-fat, plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 4 medium sized skinless chicken breasts and 4 skinless chicken thighs, rinsed and patted dry (about 3½ pounds chicken)
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Lightly spray a baking sheet with olive oil.
- Combine the crackers and corn cereal crumbs, sesame seeds, cayenne, and garlic powder in a shallow bowl. Reserve.
- In a large bowl, combine egg whites, yogurt, Dijon mustard, and salt. Add the chicken pieces and coat thoroughly with the yogurt mixture.
- One at a time, dip the chicken pieces in the cracker mixture, packing crumbs onto chicken. Arrange the chicken on a baking sheet and spray lightly with olive oil cooking spray.
- Bake for 45 – 50 minutes, or until juices run clear when chicken is pierced with a knife.